Valentine’s Day, whether you love it or hate it, is a great excuse to indulge in sweet treats. Since metro Atlanta has a great selection of gluten-free bakeries, I wanted to put together a roundup of what festive, sugary, and chocolaty treats are waiting for you.
When doing research for this article, it was wonderful to discover there are three new bakeries with gluten-free offerings that weren’t include in last year’s roundup. 2B Whole Gluten Free European Bakery opened its brick and mortar store last year, but had primarily be on the Farmers Market circuit previously. Mama Bakes Safe Cakes was available at farmers markets until it opened its store, and Southern Table Provisions, while it doesn’t have a brick and mortar store, offers its baked goods at local stores.
No cross contamination at any of these bakeries because they produce their gluten-free goodies in dedicated environments with strict safe handling procedures. In addition to being free of gluten, all of Good Karma Coffee, Mama Bakes Safe Cakes, and Pure Knead’s products are also free of dairy, soy, and nuts. Additionally, all of the products made by American Gra-Frutti, Good Karma Coffee House, Pure Knead, and Sally’s Gluten Free Bakery are also certified gluten free by the Gluten Free Certification Organization.
- 2B Whole Gluten Free European Bakery – has a number of goodies available. Orders can be placed from today through the 12, with in-store pickups on February 12 through the 14.
- Four Pack of Cupcakes – (one each of the following flavors, no substitutions) Chocolate Caramel, Red Velvet, Strawberry Vanilla Marble, and Double Chocolate Chip $14
Flourless Chocolate Raspberry Cake 5” – $9 (Paleo and sugar free)
Set of Hearts Sugar Cookies – a gift box of six chocolate-dipped heart-shaped cookies $7
Four Pack of Cake Truffles – a gift box of four mini cake truffle ‘bites’ (one each of the following flavors, no substitutions) Snickerdoodle, White Chocolate Raspberry, Red Velvet, and Chocolate $8
American Gra-Frutti – is stocked up with Valentine’s Day themed gift baskets, Heart-shaped cakes (pre order only) and they can add Valentine’s Day themed decorations to any of their regular cakes. Their Red Velvet cupcakes and cakes are also a festive way to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
- Gluten Free Cutie – just launched their Valentine’s Day menu and it is loaded with gluten, dairy, and soy-free goodness. Lots of ‘hearts’ to choose from: chocolate chip cake, sugar cookies, and whoopie pies. Their festive cupcake flavors (all are dye free too) include: Strawberry Delight, Red Velvet, The Bubbly, and The Devil Went Down to Georgia. Party platters are also available, so be sure to place an order soon.
- Good Karma Coffee House – will have heart shaped chocolate chip cookie cakes with icing ($25) and chocolate cupcakes available on Valentine’s Day ($2.50 each).
- Mama Bakes Safe Cakes – Red Rooibos Velvet Cupcake with a house-made White Chocolate Rooibos Heart. Details about more offerings can be found on their website.
- Pure Knead – their seasonal cupcake flavor is Sweetheart, which is either vanilla cake topped with strawberry frosting or chocolate cupcakes topped with strawberry frosting. These cupcakes can be purchased at Piece of Cake and The Cupcake People of Atlanta locations.
- Sally’s Gluten Free Bakery – is offering 9″ red velvet cakes (soy free, $17.99, single layer) and sugar cookies in 6-packs with red sugar on top (soy free, $4.49). They are accepting pre-orders.
- Southern Table Provisions – their gluten-free goods can be purchased locally at Market Across the Street, and Land of a Thousand Hills Coffee Shop in Roswell. This Valentine’s Day they will be selling hand decorated sugar cookies only at Land of a Thousand Hills Coffee Shop. A box of eight cookies, which includes delivery, sells for $20. Orders can be placed from now until February 10.
What looks interesting to you?