Your Beatles calendar for the week:
Dec. 5: “The Beatles Across the World”
Ringo “Peace & Love” exhibit: Continues at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles through March.
“Good Ol’ Freda” is now playing in selected theaters and on the following video on demand services:iTunes, Amazon, DirecTV, Dish Network, AT&T Uverse, Google Play, VUDU, Cablevision, Charter, Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Playstation 3 Store, Sudden Link, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FIOS and Xbox 360/Zune. Information: http://www.goodolfreda.com. (It will be out on DVD and Blu-ray in December.)
- New York by Susan Ratisher Ryan, Fab 4 NYC Walking Tours,. Website: http://www.fab4nyctours.wordpress.com/.
- Los Angeles by Gillian Lomax’s A Magical History Tour. Website: http://www.amagicalhistorytour.com.
- Liverpool by Jackie Spencer. Website: http://www.beatleguide.com.
- London walking tours by Richard Porter: http://www.beatlesinlondon.com.
- The Beatles LOVE, Cirque du Soleil, Mirage Hotel, Las Vegas. Performances: Thursdays through Mondays at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. No performances on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Tickets: http://bit.ly/HRmbk4
- 1964: The Tribute: Dec. 12: Kent, WA. Dec. 14: Jackson Hole, WY. Info: http://www.1964thetribute.com.
- The Fab Four: Dec. 6: Sacramento, CA. Dec. 7: Fresno, CA. More info: http://www.thefabfour.com.
- Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles: Jan. 13: Clearwater FL. Jan. 14: Gainesville, FL. Jan. 15: Melbourne, FL. Jan. 17: New Orleans. Info: http://www.raintribute.com.
- Laurence Juber: Dec. 8: Alta Dena, CA. Feb. 5-9: Hard Rock Hotel, Cancun, Mexico. More info: http://www.laurencejuber.com.
- The Fab Faux: Dec. 27-30: New York City. Feb. 15: Albany, N.Y. More info: www.thefabfaux.com.
- “Just Imagine!”: John Lennon tribute with Greg Piper, through Dec. 29, Hayworth Theatre, Los Angeles.
- Bootleg Beatles: Dec. 4 through 21: UK dates. Jan. 16-17: The Philippines. http://www.bootlegbeatles.com/gigs.html
- Creme Tangerine: Dec. 7: Seattle, WA. Dec. 20: Issaquah, WA. Jan. 25: Sixth Annual Seattle Beatles Rooftop Day. http://www.cremetangerine.com/show-times/ .
- Beatles Brunch, 12 p.m. Saturday, B.B. King’s, New York City.
- “Made In Liverpool Sunday Show,” Beatles tribute, 14:30 London time, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org
- “The Two of Us Monday Show,” weekly tribute to Lennon & McCartney, 18:00 Mondays, the Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” weekly Beatles tribute show with the Cavern Club Beatles, 8:30 p.m. Saturday, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- Beatleshow, 5:30 p.m. nightly, Saxe Theater, Las Vegas.
- British Invasion 2014, Feb. 5-10, 2014, Hard Rock Rivera Maya Hotel, Cancun, Mexico.
- Fest for Beatles Fans, Feb. 7-9, 2014, Grand Hyatt Hotel, New York City. Information: http://www.thefest.com.
- Magical History Tour toLiverpool and London Aug. 17-24, 2014. Information: http://www.liverpooltours.com/.
- Fest for Beatles Fans, Aug. 15-17, 2014, Chicago. Information: http://www.thefest.com.
- Fest for Beatles Fans, Oct. 10-12, 2014, Airport Marriott, Los Angeles. Information: http://www.thefest.com.
- The Art of John Lennon: Website: http://www.lennonart.com/
- The Artwork of John Lennon: Website: http://johnlennonartwork.com/
Dec. 7, 1963: The four Beatles are panelists on “Juke Box Jury.”
50 years ago this week on the British charts:
Singles: The Beatles’ “She Loves You” hits #1 on the Official British Charts. “I’ll Keep Your Satisfied” by Billy J. Kramer and the Dakotas up five spots to #4. Dave Clark Five’s “Glad All Over” jumps 19 places to #19. Lennon-McCartney’s “Hello Little Girl” by the Fourmost drops from #23 to #34.
Albums: Beatles’ “Please Please Me” still #1. “With the Beatles” debuts at #2. “Listen to Billy J. Kramer” drops from #17 to #20.
Last week’s best Beatles stories:
- Beatle news briefs: ‘Fifth Beatle’ becomes Times bestseller
- Fifty years ago, Billboard goofs news of Beatles, Pacemakers’ TV shows
- Fan says thanks to Paul McCartney with homemade video for ‘NEW’ album song
- Ringo Starr, ‘kids in the car,’ visit Beatles ‘LOVE’ show in Las Vegas
- Paul McCartney wins Best Individual Achievement Award of decade from VegFestUK
- Supremes ’64 LP tribute to Beatles, British Invasion was corny but cool
- Unpublished self-portrait of John Lennon goes under the hammer Thursday
- Two Beatles songs featured in album for Philippines rebuilding after typhoon
- Couple on their honeymoon tells of surprise 1967 encounter with the Beatles
- Book with new details, pics of Beatles ’65 Shea Stadium show coming out Friday
- Ringo Starr and ‘the kids in the car’ pose for new photo
- Ringo Starr meets with fans in the photo and press – two eyewitness accounts
- McCartney ‘Out There’ tour wrap-up: Caroline Kennedy makes appearance
- “Things We Said Today”: Each week, myself and Ken Michaels of “Every Little Thing” discuss the latest Beatles news topics. The latest show on Fab4Radio.com this weekend and on iTunes and Podbean.com, is an interview with author Al Sussman “Changin’ Times: 101 Days That Shaped a Generation.” “Things We Said Today” is available on iTunes (where you can subscribe to us) and Podbean.com, and can be heard at noon ET/9 a.m. PT Saturday and noon ET/9 p.m. PT and 11 p.m. ET/8 p.m. PT Sundays on Fab4Radio.com. You can write to us at email@example.com.
- “Every Little Thing”: Tribute songs to John Lennon. Hosted by Ken Michaels. The show airs 8-10 (est) Wednesdays on 88.7 WNHU, West Haven, CT and can be streamed at www.wnhu.net. More info at www.kenmichaelsradio.com.
- .“Fab 4 Free 4 All”: Latest show: “Somewhere in England”: Analysis and review. Available on iTunes and at www.Fab4Free4all.com.
- “Beatle Brunch”: Dec. 1: Meet the Beatles authors – Howlett, Spizer, Lewisohn, Berkenstadt. Info: www.beatlebrunch.com.’
- “The John Lennon Hour”: Weekly hour of John Lennon music and history hosted by Jude Southerland Kessler. 8 p.m. ET Sunday at Beatles-A-Rama. Available through iTunes. Website: http://www.johnlennonseries.com/radio_home.html.
- “Magical Mystery Tour”: Two-hour weekly show hosted by James D. Jones with Beatles and solo music. Saturdays at 3 p.m. CST on WKCC-FM (91.1), Kankakee Community College, Kanakee, Ill. Website: http://www.kcc.edu/radio/programs/Pages/mysterytour.aspx or http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kcc.edu%2Fradio%2FPages…
- “Recipe Records”: Weekly podcast by Lanea Stagg that features food and music discussion, and often Beatles discussion. Episodes have featured Jim Berkenstadt, author of “The Beatle Who Vanished”; David Bedford, author of “Liddypool: Birthplace of the Beatles”; Al Sussman of Beatlefan; Beatles Examiner Steve (aka me); John Lennon Series author Jude Southerland Kessler, and Pat Matthews of Beatles-a-Rama. All shows are here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/recipe-records-cookbook.
- “Dennis Mitchell’s Breakfast With the Beatles”: Dec. 1: John’s last concert appearance, remembering George Harrison. Show website.
- “Chris Carter’s ‘British Invasion’: Three-hour weekly show on Sirius/XM Ch. 21 at 9 a.m. and midnight ET Sunday.
- “Chris Carter’s Breakfast With the Beatles”: On KLOS-FM (95.5) 9 a.m. PT Sunday. Nov. 24: In studio guests will be members of the Bangles, the Records and the Hollies. Website.
- “The Beatledd Fab Four Hour”: Gary Van Deursen, who was the driver of the car in that now famous photo that Ringo took of those “Jersey kids” in 1964 on the Van Wyck Expressway, will be a guest . The show, hosted by Edd Raineri, airs live each Friday, 7-8 PM EDT, on WRKC-FM in Wilkes-Barre, PA. You can listen live online at: http://wrkc.kings.edu. The program’s Facebook page can be found at: www.facebook.com/beatleddfabfourhour. .
- “I’ve Got a Beatles Podcast”: “50 Years of ‘With the Beatles.’” Information: http://ivegotabeatlespodcast.podbean.com/
- Breakfast With The Beatles hosted by Cha-Chi Loprete: 8 a.m. ET Sundays, WZLX-FM (100.7 FM) in Boston or streaming at www.WZLX.com (Click on Listen Live).
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” KCSN, 88.5 FM Northridge, CA at 10 am Pacific, 12 noon Eastern, and 6 p.m. London time. http://www.kcsn.org/listen/index.php
- “Breakfast With the Beatles”: 8 to 10 a.m. CT Sundays, WXRT in Chicago. Also streamed at http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/show/breakfast-with-the-beatles/.
- Now and Then”: An hour of the Beatles at 8 p.m. ET Monday. The station’s frequency is 88.9 FM and is located in the Philadelphia, PA/Southern NJ market. Available online at http://www.Z889.org.
- “On the Beat”: Wonderful show hosted by Beatles author Spencer Leigh on BBC Radio Merseyside. Not primarily a Beatles show, but a lot of the discussion focuses on the Liverpool music scene in the ’60s, often with those who were there. Airs Saturdays at 17:30 (5:30 p.m.) in the UK and archived online for a week after at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001d7sj.
- “Sounds of the Sixties”: Brian Matthews, who interviewed the Beatles on the BBC in the ’60s, hosts this weekly show featuring music by the Beatles and others from that decade. Programs air Saturdays and stay online for a week at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqlv.
- “Beatlesongs”: Hosted by Rob Leonard airs 8 p.m. – 11 p.m. ET Friday on 90.3 FM WHPC and streaming at www.ncc.edu/whpc.
- “Breakfast With the Beatles With Andre Gardner”: The show airs from 7 to 9 a.m. ET Sundays on WMGK-FM 102.9 and 7-9 a.m. PT on KSLX-FM 100.7 in Phoenix.
- “The Beatles Complete on Ukelele”: Weekly show featuring new version of Beatle song played on ukelele. Information: http://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail?pid=51729
- “Just Four Guys”: New shows available at 4 p.m. ET Tuesdays at www.mvyradio.com.
- “Dinner Specials With May Pang and Cynthia Nielsen”: More info: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/maypang.
- “Mid-Evening With the Beatles,” from the Philippines, 5 to 9 a.m. Saturday morning Eastern time, at their website http://www.pbs.gov.ph/dzsr.
- “Across the Universe,” hosted by Glenn Calderone from 8-10 p.m. EST Tuesdays on Inravio.com. http://www.inravio.com/batu.html
- “Beatles and Beyond”: Hosted by Pete Dicks. Available at http://www.quaywestonline.co.uk/.
Beatles radio stations:
- Fab4Radio.com: http://fab4radio.com
- Beatles-a-Rama: http://www.beatlesarama.com
- Beatles Radio.com: http://www.beatlesradio.com
- MaccaRadio: http://www.maccaradio.com
Have a Beatles event you’d like added here? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with The Week Ahead in the subject.
Subscribe to us free (see button at top) for your daily Beatles news buzz. And you won’t want to miss any of our complete and in-depth coverage of the Beatles, both group and solo, and our exclusive stories and interviews on all our Beatles column pages at Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner,George Harrison Examiner and Ringo Starr Examiner. Also, check out our new Monkees Examineror our Vintage Rock n’ Roll Examiner or TV on DVD Examiner columns for all our other newscoverage.
Copyright Steve. Please do not reprint in full on other sites without permission. Headlines with links, though, are fine and posting our links to Twitter and Facebook is much appreciated. Please hit the “like” button on Facebook if you like our work.
We’re also Steve on Facebook and Pinterest. And don’t miss our weeklyBeatles news podcast “Things We Said Today” available on iTunes, Podbean.com and Fab4Radio.com on the weekends.