Sotto Sotto, an Italian eatery in Inman Park, has consistently scored high marks with critics and diners alike. It’s small and quaint, perfect for a date night with a comfy ambiance. Reservations are highly recommended, it’s a rare occasion for Sotto Sotto to not be crowded. Expect to wait a bit, even with a reservation and know that the experience is worth it. The pricing is on the higher end, but not outside the realm of comparable restaurants in this area.
The service is exceptional and accommodating. They are quick to recommend or explain any items in detail. The Italian wine selection is merely okay, and surprisingly limited in comparison to the overall offerings. Sotto Sotto shines in their menu though. All pastas are freshly made, with wonderful flavor combinations. Although just about everything is delicious, and you really can’t go wrong with anything that you order, here are a few recommendations:
- Antipasto Misto – a scrumptious selection of fine Italian meats and cheeses
- Risotto ai Funghi – a must try dish if you are a mushroom lover
- Cape Sante – seared scallops in an amazing sauce
- Tortelli di Michelangelo – a customer favorite, tortellini filled with veal, chicken and pork
- Lasagnette alla Bolognese – another delicious customer favorite, a solid choice and backup item if you’re not a very adventurous eater
- Costoletta di Vitello – a rather large veal chop served au jus with mushrooms
Many of the items can be ordered as a first course or main dish, allowing you to try out multiple items. Portions are generous and allow for sharing. It’s a good possibility that you will be stuffed after dinner, but you might want to consider having dessert if you can manage. The offerings are good enough that you may even want to plan your menu choices to allow you to partake in some sweets. The highly recommended staff and customer favorite, chocolate soup, is one you won’t want to pass up. It’s a roasted hazelnut and chocolate liquid served with croutons and homemade whipped cream. It sounds like it would be a bit over the top but trust in those who have tried it, it’s heavenly.