I am always looking for easy appetizers to serve at a party. We recently had a Christmas party for friends and family and I needed a few easy and quick appetizers to serve. I bookmarked this recipe for Slow Cooker Cinnamon Almonds last year but didn’t get around to making them. I knew they would be the perfect addition to our party, plus I can’t pass up a crock pot recipe.
This is the easiest way to make spiced nuts. You just throw all of the ingredients into the crock pot, put it on low and cook for a few hours. Plus, they make your house smell divine!
Slow Cooker Cinnamon Almonds (recipe from The Recipe Critic)
1 C. Sugar
1 C. Brown Sugar
3 Tbsp. Cinnamon
1/8 tsp. Salt
1 Egg White
2 tsp. vanilla
3 Cups Almonds
1/4 C. Water
1. Mix together in a large bowl sugars, cinnamon, and salt.
2. In another bowl with a whisk, mix together the egg white and vanilla until it is frothy. Add the almonds and coat thoroughly. This will help the mixture stick to the almonds during the cooking process.
3. Prepare your slow cooker by spraying it with cooking spray. I used a 4 quart. Add the cinnamon almond mixture to the almonds and turn it to low. Stir until the cinnamon sugar mixture is coated well on the almonds.
4. You want to cook for about 3-4 hours. Mine took about 3. Stirring every 20 minutes. In the very last hour, add 1/4 cup water and stir well. This will ensure a crunchy coating and help the mixture to harden.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the almonds onto the sheet to cool. The almonds should be pretty sticky so be sure to seperate them the best that you can and let them cool!