Bill Elliott, a cancer patient who told Fox News’ Megyn Kelly his insurance was canceled because of Obamacare, now says he is the target of an IRS audit, The Blaze reported Friday. A health insurance broker who helped Elliot keep his insurance is also the target of an IRS audit dating back to 2003, FrontPageMag added.
Elliott appeared on Fox earlier in November to explain that his plan was canceled due to new regulations because his cancer was considered “beyond a catastrophic pre-existing condition.”
Elliott was given one choice: A $1,500 per month plan to replace the plan he had been paying $180 per month for. Elliott said he decided to pay the fine and “let nature take its course.”
After the issue had been worked out with the insurance company, Elliott received a notice from the IRS informing him of the audit.
“Monday I got a certified letter, I went down and got it and it’s from the IRS and they are auditing my books from 2009,” he told Charleston, S.C., station WQSC.
At the time, he said, he worked for the government and didn’t own a business. Moreover, he said, he’s paid his taxes every year.
The notice also said that “due to federal budget cuts,” the meeting between him and the IRS won’t take place until April 2014.
“It doesn’t matter. It could’ve been today if they wanted it to,” he said.
The radio host told Elliott he “stood up and spoke out about how Obamacare screwed over your insurance and probably would kill you and what’s the next thing that happened? You get audited by the IRS. That is not a coincidence.”
“No it’s not,” Elliott said in response.
But the story doesn’t end there.
After helping Elliott, health insurance broker C. Steven Tucker said the IRS is going after him, “all the way back to 2003.”
Front Page Mag called news of the audits “a rather strange coincidence.”
“Would the IRS actually go after a cancer patient, who had voted for Obama initially, just for appearing on FOX and now being sharply critical of Obama and suggesting that he resign for his health plan lie?” Daniel Greenfield asked.
Under the current insane state of affairs, he said, where the IRS has been used to silence opposition to Obama and his policies, he added, “it’s unfortunately entirely possible.”
“The fact that we are even having this discussion shows how badly Obama has undermined confidence in government institutions and the rule of law,” he wrote.
Ironically, Elliott told Kelly he voted for Obama specifically because of the promise that he could keep his doctor and his insurance plan — a promise that has since been exposed as a lie.
He also told WQSC that he is doing better health-wise, but still has to have bone scans every four months.
- Condoms handed out as door prizes at Obamacare event in Arkansas
- Dem. Sen. Kay Hagan blames insurance companies for cancellation notices
- Time analyst Mark Halperin admits: Obamacare death panels ‘built into the plan’
- Juan Williams: White House calls GOP opposition to Obamacare ‘original sin’
- Report: Obamacare provision will allow ‘forced’ home inspections by gov’t agents
- Sebelius: Obamacare to favor gays over straight people
- Retired General calls for forced resignation of Obama, administration officials
- Video: Personal Obamacare info could be available to political groups
- James O’Keefe warns Kathleen Sebelius: ‘Might want to cancel your plans tomorrow’
- Video: Obamacare navigators suggest enrollees use fraud, deceit
- Sarah Palin schools Matt Lauer: Obamacare ‘socialized medicine’
- Kathleen Sebelius: Convicted felons could be Obamacare navigators
- Obama warns GOP: There will be a ‘price to pay’ for defying ‘American people’
- Video shows Virginia Democratic Party official attacking GOP election volunteer
- Ted Cruz to Obama: If you’re really sorry, repeal Obamacare
- Missouri woman’s personal information stolen from Obamacare website
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit and like his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe’s blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe’s articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.