According to a Nov. 15 post from Sherdog, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson turned in a vintage performance in his Bellator debut.
Jackson, 35, knocked out Joey Beltran at the 4:59 mark of the opening frame of their Nov. 15 bout at Revel in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
“I’m back,” said Jackson, who hadn’t fought in close to a year. “Everybody in my weight class better be shaking in their boots. I proved I still got it. If I can train hard, I can deliver hard.”
Jackson was riding a three-fight losing streak, but he looked sharp in his Bellator fight against Beltran.
Beltran utilized a smart gameplan in the opening minutes of their bout, pinning “Rampage” against the fence in order to neutralize his striking.
However, Jackson was open to find his range in the final seconds of the first round, and it was a left hook followed by a sharp right cross that would end the fight.
Beltran has now lost five of his past seven, including six losses in the UFC and one under the Bellator umbrella.
In other Bellator 108 action, Alexander Volkov made the first defense of his heavyweight title against Vitaly Minakov on this show in the co-main event, and he lost via TKO at the 2:57 mark of the opening frame.
“It was my strategy for this fight to keep pressure [on Volkov],” Minakov said. “It was a successful tactic.”
Also on the main card, Marcos Galvao defeated Tom McKenna via TKO at the 4:29 mark of the first round, and Patricio “Pitbull” demolished Justin Wilcox with a knockout blow.
Bellator 108 main card results:
- Quinton Jackson def. Joey Beltran via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 4:59
- Vitaly Minakov def. Alexander Volkov via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 2:57
- Marcos Galvao def. Tom McKenna via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 4:29
- Patricio Freire def. Justin Wilcox via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 2:23
Bellator 108 preliminary card results:
- Nah-Shon Burrell def. Dante Rivera via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Sam Oropeza def. Chip Moraza-Pollard via TKO – Round 1, 0:37
- Tom DeBlass def. Jason Lambert via KO – Round 1, 1:45
- Will Martinez def. Kevin Roddy via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 3:50
- Liam McGeary def. Najim Wali via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 1:31
- Anthony Morrison def. Kenny Foster via majority decision – (28-28, 29-27, 30-26)
- Dan Matala def. Ryan Cafaro via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 3:52
- Rob Sullivan def. Sergio da Silva via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)