Curvy yet toned, bubbling with energy, Penelope Cruz has earned the title of “Celebrity With the Hottest Body” from Fitness Magazine. Get her rocking body secrets here.
At 39, Penelope credits the Mediterranean diet as key to restoring her body after her pregnancy, reports Fox News. This heart-healthy plan fruits, vegetables, fish, olive oil and even an occasional glass of red wine (we’ll drink to that).
A sample day on the Mediterranean diet plan looks like this according to Dr. Stephen Devries, executive director of the Gaples Institute in Deerfield,:
- Breakfast: Yogurt parfait: Layer fat-free plain Greek yogurt with blueberries or strawberries. 1 teaspoon honey optional
- Midmorning snack: Apple, orange or pear
- Lunch: Spinach and kale salad with a wide variety of colored vegetables, dressed with balsamic vinaigrette, and topped with either walnuts and feta cheese or chicken breast. Small slice of 100 percent whole-grain bread or pita.
- Afternoon snack: Handful of almonds, green tea
- Dinner: Spinach and kale side salad with vegetables and balsamic vinaigrette. Sliced fresh fruit
You can learn more about this food plan by choosing one of the many cookbooks available featuring this diet, such as “The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook: A Delicious Alternative for Lifelong Health” (click for details).
As for exercise, Penelope is a dancing diva, according to Voxxi.
“I love ballet and it’s a little boring for me to go to the gym because I’m used to the dancing discipline,” declared Penelope. “It’s really hard but much more fun.”
But wait, there’s more: She’s a breastfeeding believer, reported the Huffington Post.
“I’m supposed to get extra calories because breastfeeding you burn, like, an extra 500 a day,” Penelope explained. And although that’s not the only key to losing weight after pregnancy, Breastfeeding naturally burns calories.
Supermodel and mom Gisele Bundchen once declared that breastfeeding should be required by law, according to Shape magazine. And although Penelope isn’t going to that extreme, she does regard it as “addictive.”