Paul Crouch, born March 30, 1934, died at age 79 on today November 30, 2013 co-founded Trinity Broadcasting Network alongside his wife Jan. TBN is broadcasted in over seventy-five countries and translated into over ten languages. Its popularity has reached many cultures across the globe and is carried by many satellite and cable companies from Verizon FIOS to AT&T and fro Charter to Cox cable. TBN is reported to be the most watched faith channel in the United States. According to CNN:
“On November 5, TBN said Crouch fell ill and was hospitalized in Texas in late October. He returned to California for treatment of “his heart and related health issues,” a network spokesman said. Crouch received a pacemaker in 2012.”
TBN is responsible for the Smile of a Child Foundation (founded by Mrs. Crouch) which was intended to provide relief for the people in Haiti and food, toys, and medical care to the children in need. The Crouch’s founded a children’s hospital, an orphanage and a school in Haiti as well. They also assisted with providing relief from the disaster known as Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
Paul Crouch’s success and voice reverberated throughout millions of homes worldwide and his impact will be greatly missed by viewers and admirers alike. Crouch not only made a way to voice faith throughout the homes of neighbors, family and friends worldwide but this great humanitarian also made a difference in the lives of the less fortunate and his efforts will not soon be forgotten.
Take a look at some of the programs broadcast on TBN:
• Behind The Scenes
• Believer’s Voice of Victory with Ken Copeland
• Billy Graham Crusade
• Bishop TD Jakes
• Breaking Good News with Reba Toney
• Changing your World with Creflo A. Dollar
• Destined to Reign with Joseph Prince
• Enjoying Everyday Life with Joyce Meyer
• In Touch With Dr. Charles Stanley
• Jack Hayford
• Jesse Duplantis
• Joel Osteen
• Kingdom Connection with Jentezen Franklin
• Leading the Way with Michael Youssef
• Life Today with James Robison
• Praise the Lord
• The 700 Club with Pat Robertson
• Turning Point with David Jeremiah
• Winning Walk with Ed Young Sr.