While participating in a slobbering lovefest disguised as an interview, Barack Obama told MSNBC’s Chris Matthews Thursday that young people will realize the so-called “benefits” of Obamacare — including “free contraception” — are “priceless,” the Washington Examiner reported.
“For young people to recognize that it is in their financial interest and their health interest to be able to get on-going preventive care, to be able to get free contraception and, you know, benefits like mammograms that allow them to maintain their health throughout their lives, without fear of going bankrupt or making their family bankrupt if they get sick, that’s something that’s priceless,” he told Matthews.
Despite Obama’s repeated promises, millions have lost their current coverage due to Obamacare.
Obama’s support in the polls has also dropped to record lows, with young people — the very ones Obama needs in the system — losing faith in the health care law.
For the law to succeed, Obama needs young, healthy people to sign up in order to balance out older and less healthy people.
“I understand why people would have been resistant to going on a website that wasn’t working right. And fortunately, because of some very hard work, we’ve now got it to the point where for the vast majority of people, it’s working well,” Obama told Matthews. “And my message to young people is take a look for yourself.”
But the problems with Obamacare go far beyond a flawed, insecure website.
The Wall Street Journal reported that states are not getting correct Medicare data from the federal government meaning that several hundred thousand low-income people who thought they had obtained insurance may not have it.
Despite Obama’s promises that premiums would drop $2,500 per family per year, individual premium costs will increase by 41 percent on average, Forbes reported in November.
As we reported in early October, many were struck with sticker shock when Obamacare first rolled out.
After Obama touted the wonder of taxpayer-funded “free contraception,” Matthews told David Corn that the president “came to us.”
“He came amongst us,” the giddy Matthews said.
- Facebook event encourages Americans to disobey Obamacare enrollment rules
- MSNBC’s Ed Schultz: God approves of Obamacare
- Report: Obamacare provision will allow ‘forced’ home inspections by gov’t agents
- Sticker shock: Obamacare Facebook page pounded over high cost of health care
- Sebelius: Obamacare to favor gays over straight people
- Howard Dean: Gov’t, not employers, have right to determine insurance coverage
- Barack Obama refers to failing healthcare.gov as ‘my website’
- Report: Cancer patient critical of Obamacare targeted by IRS for audit
- Condoms handed out as door prizes at Obamacare event in Arkansas
- Dem. Sen. Kay Hagan blames insurance companies for cancellation notices
- Time analyst Mark Halperin admits: Obamacare death panels ‘built into the plan’
- Juan Williams: White House calls GOP opposition to Obamacare ‘original sin’
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit and like his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe’s blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe’s articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.