Most people realize when they’re tired and look in the mirror that they don’t look their best. But when you’re well rested, happy, sailing through your day – check yourself out in the mirror and really take stock of how you look. Louise Hay even teaches something called, “mirror work” so you can learn a lot about yourself and how you feel by looking in the mirror.
My previous article on this top – click here, conveys how when you’re happy and rested how much better you’ll look, and how much less the busy-ness of your day (stress) will affect you.
If you stay up too late on a weeknight, overeat try to cram too much into your day, it can really take a toll on you!
Natural beauty means, taking care of yourself – putting yourself first.
- Meditate / pray (get some quality alone time)
- Breathe more deeply – you’d be surprised how this helps you let go of stress
- Exercise more: try stretching, yoga, dancing (all kinds), tai chi, qigong, pilates, running, skating, hoola-hooping, planking, or jumping on a trampoline
- Eat healthy, consciously enjoying all the foods you eat :)
- Be kind to your body: try massage, getting a facial, going for a pedicure, colonics
- Set healthy boundaries (at home and at work)
- Smile – even a fake smile for 20 minutes a day has been studied and proven to improve mood, lifting depression too!
- Learn to say no to “too many” requests – without the guilt (you don’t have to solve the world’s problems); If some activity doesn’t directly impact you or your family – let it go
- Laugh – really laugh out loud! It’s wonderful for your belly ;) Actually and honestly enjoy (In Joy) your days
- Be loving; Be in love – if not with someone else, then with yourself!
- Make work fun (I know that may not be easy unless you “love” your job) but somehow just find new ways to incorporate more joy into your work (more on that in another article, so stay tuned and FOLLOW me!)
Think about how having your job increases your joy, because you have a paycheck, work inside – maybe you have a “sit down” job or, work outside – and get exercise while getting paid and can breathe in the fresh air all day!
Eating lots of veggies can help too! And living in Central Florida you have ample farmers markets to to shop at where local fresh fruits and vegetables can be had fairly inexpensively. Google all of the wonderful antioxidant properties of dark green leafy vegetables for starters.
Kale is one of the best green vegetables – and you can hide it in many creative ways: add to soups, or add to smoothies. The fresher it is, the sweeter it tastes. I like to chop it very small and add raw garlic and onions with some oil and vinegar. If that’s not enough I add a scoop of hummus and some other raw sliced veggies and take it for lunch. You can also add kale to homemade blended juices, smoothies, or soups to boost nutritional benefits – and hide it so your family won’t even know its there! I love to buy large leaf kale (among other things) at Nature’s Food Patch in Clearwater, FL.
Also, consume plenty of fresh citrus and juice – I buy a half gallon of tangerine juice and a half gallon of red grapefruit juice every Saturday at Florida Citrus Country in Seminole, FL. It’s okay if you’re not local – they’ll ship to you!
Get a massage – the increase in blood circulation will also improve your look and feel. There are many different kinds of massage – some are designed to provide you an energy boost, some to relax, and many aid in therapeutic detoxification for your body. There are many licensed massage therapists (LMTs) near you – just Google search for them!
Get a colonic. Colonics help to detoxify your body and can improve skin tone and texture. My next visit will be with Pura Vida Wellness spa in Pinellas Park, FL.
You’re skin is the largest organ in your body so when you’re skin shows signs of aging or other problems, there can be a lot more going on underneath the surface. I think of my skin as my barometer to know what’s going on inside of my body. Vibrant skin = great internal health! Google about “fingernails” – even your nails can tell you a lot about what’s going on with your health (which is another reason I abhor those fake fingernails but that’s another story that I need to write about).
Colonics may also provide other benefits such as: boosting your immune system, resolving gas, bloating, getting rid of parasites (and parasites are more than just worms), and other digestive issues.
There are many ways to naturally increase beauty – even small changes can have a big impact for your health, happiness, and well being.
Be kind to your body. And it will return aWEsOMe benefits to you!
Take it upon yourself to be healthy, joyful, vibrant, and beautiful. Be who you want to be.
Information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended to treat, diagnose or prescribe.