Homemade chocolate truffles are easy to make and are very nice gift for a co-worker or as a hostess gift when invited to a holiday open house party.
Dress up your homemade chocolate truffles with some festive red and green sugar crystals or red, green and white sprinkle decorations. If desired you can roll your chocolate truffles in unsweetened cocoa powder or powdered sugar.
Place each one in a mini cupcake wrapper and place in a small holiday tin for the perfect gift for the chocolate lover on your Christmas list.
Easy chocolate truffles recipe
Ingredients for chocolate truffles:
- 4 cups (24 ounces, 2 bags) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Colored nonpareils, sugar crystals and sprinkles in red, green, white or any other color you choose
- Unsweetened cocoa powder or powdered sugar
How to make chocolate truffles:
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips with 1 tsp. of unsalted butter on 50% power for 30 seconds; stir to smooth.
- Add remaining teaspoon of butter, put back in microwave for 15 seconds on 50% power; stir to smooth. Repeat until chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and salt.
- Cool chocolate mixture to room temperature until it is cool enough to shape into 1-inch round balls.
- Roll each chocolate truffles in nonpareils, sugar crystals or sprinkles. Store the chocolate truffles in an airtight container.
- Yield: approximately 6 dozen (about 2¼ pounds)
Join in on the 25 days of virtual Christmas cookies and holiday treats exchange
- 5-ingredient chocolate fudge
- 6-ingredient peanut butter fudge
- Almond Roca
- Amish sugar cookies
- Dutch apple pie squares
- Rocky road white chocolate fudge
- Snowball melt-a-way (Mexican wedding cakes)
- Whipped cream how-to
Cyber Monday Week 2013 grocery deals by store:
- Walgreens Cyber Monday 2013 best deals on groceries and household items
- Walmart Cyber Monday Week 2013 deals on groceries
Additional Cyber Monday 2013 grocery deals will be added to this list as they are announced.
- Never miss another frugal living tip, any frugal food news, recipes or cooking tips again! Subscribe to Rachael Monaco Frugal Living Examiner and receive FREE notification Every time something new is published. You can also subscribe to Rachael Monaco Cooking Examiner for the latest food news and recipes.
- Follow Rachael Monaco on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Google+
©Rachael Monaco All Rights Reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author. The first two sentences may be reposted with a link back to the original article.