Intro: Need ideas for some homemade Valentine gifts for your boyfriend? If your guy is a chocolate lover, then you might want to make candy roses for him from chocolate kisses.
Need More Ideas for Homemade Valentine Gifts for Boyfriends? Check Out This Article:
Valentine’s day gift ideas for him: Best DIY V-Day gifts for boyfriends
Chocolate Kiss Roses: A Unique Valentine’s Day Gift for Him
Being a foodie in general and a chocolate lover specifically makes me peruse the web for some good Valentine’s Day gift ideas to make. I stumbled upon these chocolate kiss roses and thought they’d be a good thing to add to my list of great Valentine’s Day ideas.
Once I saw them, I knew I wanted to learn how to make chocolate kiss roses as my next V-Day craft. Although there’s a lot of folding involved, they’re an easy Valentine’s Day craft to make.
What You’ll Need to Make Candy Roses:
- Red and green tissue paper
- Barbecue skewers
- A bag of Hershey’s chocolate kisses
- Clear plastic tape
- Red and / or pink ribbon
- Green florist’s tape
Tips for Making This Homemade Valentine’s Gift for Your Boyfriend:
It’s easiest to watch the video at the top of the screen to see how to fold the cellophane and the paper leaves, so I won’t write down the details of that here. However, I do have a few general tips to consider as you make the candy roses.
- It might be obvious, but don’t use kitchen cellophane for this project. It’s too flimsy. Use florist’s cellophane, which you can find on Amazon or at your local arts and crafts store.
- Colored cellophane makes this easy Valentine’s Day craft prettier.
- Store the bouquet of chocolate roses in the fridge until you’re ready to give them to your boyfriend. If the chocolate melts, your Valentine gift for your boyfriend is ruined.
- Although they are not required, a pretty bud vase allows you to stand your candy kiss roses upright. You can also find them on Amazon or at your local arts and crafts store.
- If you’re including a cute Valentine’s Day card for your boyfriend, think about adding some Valentine love quotes to them to personalize them. A few Valentine love quotes ideas are right below:
- Valentine love quotes by Shakespeare for 2014: Poems and quotes for cards
- The history of Valentine’s Day cards: Why cards have V-Day love quotes and poems
- Valentine love quotes + picture frame crafts = Cute homemade V-Day gifts ideas
*Special thanks to CraftsDotCupCake on YouTube.
Buffy Naillon is the author of the bestselling book “Clare’s Chocolates Cookbook: Best Recipes for Cake and Cookie Pops, Fudge, Fondue, Cupcakes & More.” The book features delicious recipes that are just right for Valentine’s Day. It’s available on Kindle now.