Christmastime is here and it is time to create some great little treats for everyone to enjoy. These lollipops are great for children to bring to school, for office parties, parting favors and a cute idea for seating cards at the table.
- Small candy canes
- White chocolate
- Lollipop sticks
- Small red and white decorative candy balls
- Place parchment paper on a flat platter.
- Align two small candy canes around a lollipop stick.
- Carefully place the platter in the microwave for 10 seconds giving the sugar from the candy cane just enough time to melt slightly so it adheres to the lollipop stick.
- Remove the platter and set aside to cool.
- Transfer the open heart lollipops on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Continue this process until you have the desired number of pops you need to make.
- In a double boiler melt the white chocolate over a medium heat and stir until completely melted.
- Remove chocolate from the stove and let it cool slightly.
- Carefully pour the melted chocolate in the center of the candy cane hearts until the area between the two canes is filled.
- When the white chocolate starts to set sprinkle with the colored candies and let the lollipops cool completely.
- Once the lollipops are set remove from the parchment paper slowly and place on a platter or glass cup.
- Place a Styrofoam ball in a holiday bowl and press the lollipop sticks into the ball and use it as a centerpiece for the table.
- Wrap each lollipop with saran wrap and tie with a small piece of ribbon if giving out as a parting gift, for children to bring to school and when using as a seating card at the table.
- Glue a small card to the ribbon with guests names on them so they know where they will be sitting down for dinner.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Jackson residents can shop at any of these local grocery stores: Pick’n Save or Wal-mart for all the ingredients needed for this recipe.
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
You can also follow Beverly on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
More reading topics from this author:
Home and Living Examiner
Healthy Living Examiner
Jackson Celebrity Examiner
Mobile Holidays Examiner