It seems like “Week #13, Part Two” as 26 teams pair up in games to help settle the playoff picture. (“Part One” was Thanksgiving Day which featured six teams.) This week’s studs may look familiar, but December is when the best players produce their best performances.
Denver quarterback Peyton Manning and Kansas City lead this week’s picks as the Broncos (9-2) and Chiefs (9-2) battle for sole ownership of 1st place in the AFC West. Manning is still averaging 30.9 fantasy points per game, but he’s still feeling the sting of Denver’s loss to New England. Charles is the only fantasy running back with over 200 points and is averaging 18.9 per game.
The Michigan Gnome noticed all the top receivers for week 13 play for teams whose name begins with a “C”. Chicago wide receiver Brandon Marshall is the No. 4 wide receiver in fantasy football and needs to lead his team to a win over Minnesota to remain tied for 1st place in the NFC North with Detroit.
Cincinnati wide receiver A.J. Green has caught only six touchdown passes, but is No. 3 in the league in receiving yards with 1,020. Cleveland wide receiver Josh Gordon is just 12 yards away from 1,000 receiving yards.
As we have all season, this week’s fantasy football picks are dedicated to the memory of Spaz, the magnificent football predicting cat, who died at the age of 15 earlier this year. Here are “Spaz’s Super Duper Start ’em This Week Studs.”
SPAZ’S SUPER DUPER START ‘EM THIS WEEK STUDS
- Quarterback – Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos (25.5 fantasy football points)
- Running back #1 – Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs (19 points)
- Running back #2 – Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings (18.5)
- Wide receiver #1 – Brandon Marshall, Chicago Bears (17.5)
- Wide receiver #2 – A.J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals (15.5)
- Wide receiver #3 – Josh Gordon, Cleveland Browns (14.5)
- Tight end – Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints (14)
- Defense/Special Teams – Cleveland Browns (17)
- Kicker – Ryan Succup, Kansas City Chiefs (13)
We’ve listed the studs and now here are the duds.
DENI’S DON’T YOU DARE START THEM THIS WEEK DUDS
- Quarterback – Mike Glennon, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Running back #1 – Brian Leonard, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Running back #2 – Ryan Mathews, San Diego Chargers
- Wide receiver #1 – Santonio Holmes, New York Jets
- Wide receiver #2 – Greg Little, Cleveland Browns
- Wide receiver #3 – Brandon Tate, Cincinnati Bengals
- Tight end – Zach Ertz, Philadelphia Eagles
- Defense/Special Teams – Houston Texans
- Kicker – Greg Zuerlien, St. Louis Rams
The Michigan Gnome selected the following “Sleepers” for week #13.
MICHIGAN GNOME’S SLEEPERS
- Quarterback – Eli Manning, New York Giants
- Running back #1 – Alfred Morris, Washington Redskins
- Running back #2 – Pierre Thomas, New Orleans Saints
- Wide receiver #1 – Brian Hartline, Miami Dolphins
- Wide receiver #2 – Eric Decker, Denver Broncos
- Wide receiver #3 – T.Y. Hilton, Indianapolis Colts
- Tight end – Charles Clay, Miami Dolphins
- Defense/Special Teams – Chicago Bears
- Kicker – Stephen Gostkowski, New England Patriots
Feel free to share your feedback, insights, suggestions or questions by commenting on this article, tweeting me @denimartin, or by sending an email to email@example.com.