The holidays have passed, but winter is far from over. If the weather outside is frightful, it’s a terrific time to work on some fun crafts! Even if snowflakes aren’t falling from the sky, you can create your own. Materials are simple things you might already have around the house.
-Empty egg carton
-Multi-colored pony beads
What to Do:
1. Cut up the egg carton to separate the holders. You can cut as many or as few as you’d like.
2. Paint the egg carton piece; add some glitter to the wet paint, and let it dry.
3. Poke holes in the egg carton piece with the screwdriver. Try to line up the holes; this will make it easier to stick the pipe cleaners through.
4. Cut your pipe cleaners in half and insert them through the holes.
5. String a few beads on each side of the pipe cleaner. Leave enough room at the end of the pipe cleaner to fold it over.
6. Fold over the end of the pipe cleaners so the beads don’t fall off.
7. Display your snowflake on a flat surface, or thread a piece of string or yarn through the end of one the pipe cleaners to hang your masterpiece.