Everyone is familiar with Black Friday. But in recent years, a tradition of ‘Cyber Monday’ has been a great opportunity to find online bargains. The travel industry led the way with Cyber Monday, and this year there are no shortage of great travel deals, some available Friday and some not active until Monday.
Below are just a few travel deals on vacation packages and accommodations for the savvy road warrior.
- American Express Travel is offering its first ever Cyber Monday promotion, which will last at least 72 hours, according to the Associated Press. The deal will include substantial hotel discounts and deals on domestic travel. Visit www.amextravel.com starting Monday, December 2 at 12:01 am.
- Starwood Hotels has already started its Cyber Monday deals as of today. Hotel stays at the various chains range from 20-40% off. Starwood Hotels include Sheraton, Westin, W, Aloft, Le Meredien, St. Regis and more. Visit www.starwoodhotels.com, or spg.com for Starwood Preferred Guest members. Bookings must be made by December 6 and the offer is valid for hotel stays through January 26, 2014, and resort stays through April 27, 2014.
- Terranea Resort will have a sale that spans from Black Friday through Cyber Monday. The famed Southern California oceanfront resort will be offering 35% off stays through the end of February, according to Fodors. Use promo codes BLACKFRIDAY or CYBERMONDAY to take advantage of these rates at www.terranea.com.
- Expedia has also started its Black Friday deals with special pricing on ASAP (A Sudden Amazing Price) deals. These deals are usually only available for 24-48 hours and are usually 50% off regular price. But under this deal, they are taking an extra 20% off ASAP hotels (with $200 minimum spend) and an extra $200 off ASAP packages (with a $2,000 minimum spend), all while offering double Expedia Rewards Points. Visit www.expedia.com for more details.
- Vegas Hotels: Several Vegas strip hotels are offering travelers discounts for Cyber Monday and even starting now. For example, Mandalay Bay is offering special fall rates from $19 (yes, you read that right) for its main property and room at THEhotel from $39. The special includes a $50 food and beverage credit, complimentary spa access for two, and 25% off all spa services from Sunday through Thursday. Offer must be booked by December 31 at www.mandalaybay.com. Also, the Wynn (and its sister property the Encore) is offering prepay rates from $109 per night for November and December stays if you subscribe to their email list. And for Black Friday, they are also offering 30% winter stays through January 5 at the Wynn or the Encore and complimentary room upgrades at both hotels for those who book through their online portal. Visit www.wynnlasvegas.com/blackfriday.
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Line is offering various deals through November 29 and also on Cyber Monday. Expiring Black Friday is your opportunity to take advantage of a free Ocean View or Balcony cabin upgrade. The cruise line is also offer 20% off sailings and according to the Associated Press, on Cyber Monday, Royal Caribbean will be offering onboard credits of $50, $100 and $200 depending on the length of the cruise, in addition to reduced deposits for new bookings in the new year. These additional Cyber Monday deals are only available December 2-4. Visit www.royalcaribbean.com.
- Cheapcaribbean.com has started its Black Friday deals with 75% off beach deals and packages. Some destinations include the Dominican Republic, Cancun, Jamaica and the Virgin Islands. The deal expires Friday at midnight. Visit www.cheapcaribbean.com.
- Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas is offering up to 50% off hotel rates, getting as low as $99 per night, throughout 2014 (with few blackout dates) in its Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, according to multiple sources. Visit www.atlantis.com or call 800-ATLANTIS between Friday and Monday.
Please leave a comment if you find some other Cyber Monday (or Black Friday) travel deal that is too amazing not to share!