Because some leagues didn’t bowl in conjunction with Thanksgiving week, this warptown.com high-score report from area bowling centers isn’t as extensive as usual, but Darryl Chamberlin turned in the headline performance with a perfect game at Bowland Port Charlotte.
Chamberlin’s 300 game came in the middle game of a 671 series in the Al Davis Memorial League, where he carries a 212 average.
Dennis Gonthier fell one pin short of perfection in the Broad Street Bar & Grill League at Treasure Lanes in Port Charlotte. The 204-average player opened with a 187, followed with a 299 game and finished with a 182 to complete a 668 series.
One other 11-in-a-row performance was reported, and it took place in the Friday Night Mixed League at Englewood Bowl, where David Eisleberry strung 11 strikes in a row before a final-ball 6-count forced him to settle for a 296 game that opened a 675 series.
Two bowlers had 10 consecutive strikes in a single game at Bowland Port Charlotte. Ron Middleton posted a 289 game to complete a 690 series in the Al Davis Memorial League, and James Creutz fired a 280 game in the middle of a 783 series in the Adam & Eve Mixed League.
Among far-over-average scoring accomplishments, Lorie Langdon turned in a 104-over-average 245 game in the JDB International Mixed League at AMF Gulf Gate Lanes, and John Wasil had a 182-over 641 series in the Spectrum Dental Arts League at Sarasota Lanes.
Other high-scoring performances reported from area bowling centers included the following:
- BOWLAND PORT CHARLOTTE: Art Jozwiak 279, Joey Vuolo 278-705, Ron Middleton 277, Jim Ulrich 269, Dave Jodoin 740 and 702, Ray Tippins 702; Melanie Fisher 233, Jackie Wortinger 231-603, Michelle Gaudette 226, Rosie Gassera 607.
- TREASURE LANES: Dominic Orlando 279-700, Mike Janosik 278, Jim Aleshire 266, Mike Aleshire 741, Dave Jodoin 736, Roger Johnson 722, David Bird 721, Eric Morrison 712, Joseph Harper 705, Gary Toma 701, David Baker Jr. 700; Renae Gross 258-660 and 605, Wendy Aldridge 241-605, Jodi Suares 236, Carol Hausman 225, Dolores Meyers 648, Jill Harper 601.
- ENGLEWOOD BOWL: Jimmy Bruns 279-708, Tim Troop 277, Bill Hanfelder 276, Dave Phillips 737; Ruth Tokarz 254-610.
- AMF GULF GATE: Jim Gilmore 278, Jesse Hawver 268-740 and 266, Ron Elliott 716; Shanti Schrock 234.
- SARASOTA LANES: Richard McLaughlin 267-704.
[You may subscribe to Bill Herald’s warptown.com bowling columns — free of charge — by clicking on “subscribe” near the top of the article, after which you will receive e-mail notification each time a new item is published].