The BCS released their new rankings on Sunday night. As predicted, Alabama and Florida State remained atop the poll with a couple weeks left in the regular season. Nothing has changed with those teams at all. If they both win out, they will be playing in the title game.
However, Stanford’s loss gave more life to Baylor and Ohio State. The Buckeyes had an uneven effort in a win over Illinois. They still hold a slim lead over Baylor, but if the Bears win one more game, it looks like Baylor will move ahead of Ohio State in the BCS poll.
Oregon moved up another spot after their win over Utah. The Ducks are a couple wins away from playing in the PAC 12 championship game. That is a far cry from their feeling after losing to Stanford in what looked like a BCS championship game killer. Right now, Oregon has a real chance at playing for the national title.
The next five teams are also filled with one loss teams. Auburn comes in at number six, while Clemson is number seven in the BCS. Missouri, currently the SEC East leader is number seven with two big games remaining.
Stanford is the highest ranked two loss team. They come in at number nine. The two losses are to Utah and USC. While they remained in the top 10, the Cardinal could still drop in the coming weeks.
Oklahoma State routed Texas and finally made it back into the top 10 of the BCS rankings.
1. Alabama: The Crimson Tide struggled with Mississippi State on Saturday. Still, they earned a 13 point victory in a defensive effort. They say only the current year matters in college football, yet Alabama continues to be ahead of Florida State. Next game vs TNChAT.
2. Florida State: The Seminoles took those distractions and placed them right on Syracuse’s head. The 59-3 victory was another typical beat down during ACC play. Jameis Winston played and should be available next week. Next game vs Idaho.
3. Ohio State: The Buckeyes started fast then put the game in cruise control. Unfortunately, they can’t afford to do that with Baylor coming on strong. Next game vs Indiana.
4. Baylor: Their slow start against Texas Tech made for an entertaining game. Baylor plugged in backups at the skill position spots to great success. The offense scored another 63 points. Now Baylor gets their toughest test of the season. Next game at Oklahoma State.
5. Oregon: The Ducks got back to their offensive ways against Utah. They also control the PAC 12 North and road to the conference championship game.
6. Auburn: Was their miraculous game winning touchdown just the start to a BCS championship opportunity? The Tigers have a bye week to prepare for the Iron Bowl against Alabama.
7. Clemson: These Tigers have only one loss. That was to Florida State. They are in strong contention for a BCS Bowl game. Next game vs Citadel.
8. Missouri: They had a much needed bye week. All of their goals are in clear view. The Tigers need to win the next two games to play in the SEC championship game. Next game vs Ole Miss.
9. Stanford: The Stanford Cardinal has two losses this season. Both of those teams (Utah, USC) have a combined nine losses. They need help to earn a consecutive trip to the PAC 12 championship game.
10. Oklahoma State: Oklahoma State has their tenacity back. Their dominant victory over Texas sets up a showdown for the Big 12. They need a win to have a chance at the conference title. Next game vs Baylor.
Next Five Teams
11. South Carolina
12. Texas A&M
13. Michigan State
15. Fresno State
For more sports news, check out Top 10+1 Sports Blog and Twitter.