Have you been wondering if it is time to take your relationship to the next level? There are a few key things you must determine while considering taking your relationship a step further. If after listing the key things you are still determined that it is time to take your relationship to the next level, then by all means go ahead and good luck.
- Time frame. How long have you two been together? This can almost be disregarded if you two have known each other/been friends for a while pre hand.
- How is the communication in your relationship? Are you comfortable with telling your significant other your feelings and telling them if something bothers you?
- How often do you argue? What matters more is how well you resolve your issues. Does a fight tend to linger on for more than a few days? This does have to do with the communication in your relationship.
- Is there trust? Trust and communication are two key factors in a relationship. With communication comes trust and vice versa. Yes you can have a relationship with only one but not for forever. If for some reason the trust was broken but there is communication then there is a chance the trust will be rebuilt and the relationship is able to move forward. But it is best to take your relationship to the next level when you completely trust your significant other.
- Have you two talked about taking the relationship to the next level? Even if you two joked around about it, it still counts. You can nit-pick at the jokes to try and find their true feelings about going a step further with you
Take the time and go over these 5 key factors. If you are confident you:
- Feel comfortable
- Communicate well and trust the other completely
- Don’t argue about pointless stuff that will last days or weeks at a time (everyone argues but what matters is how you communicate while you argue.)
- You are 100% sure that you are ready? 100% Does not mean 99.999999%, you should be 100% sure that you yourself are ready.
Now all that is left to do is talk it over with your significant other. Whether the next step is saying those 3 big words ‘I love you’ or getting a bit more intimate, communication is always the key. Drop little hints to see if they feel the same, then all you can do is go for it. The worst that can happen is they tell you they aren’t ready and you will just reply with ‘That is no problem, just let me know when you are ready’; or something along those lines in your own words.