Happy Saturday! Recently I cut my hair to a shorter style. Not only did I need a change for myself but also wanted to cut off the fried locks from past dyes. Short bobs have always been around but especially lately. Several celebrities have them recently including Jennifer Lawrence and the famous Julianne Hough haircut – both and plenty more done by my favorite stylist, Riawna Capri, from Nine Zero One Salon. There is certainly a wide range to choose from as far as length and style, such as, a pixie, fade, layered or asymmetrical cut. They have more choices rather than longer hair.
- Quicker and easier to style – The shorter it is, the less time you have to spend getting ready. Some may just take a few curls or a couple minutes of straightening. Others may only take brushing and some product.
- Won’t get tangles – Hair is smoother and isn’t long enough to create too many knots especially when it comes to bed head. Leave-in conditioner could easily straighten out any within seconds.
- Dries fast – Using the hair dryer less will prevent drying out hair. My shorter hair is dry twice as fast as it used to be just at a medium length. Air drying is a great idea as well.
- Less styling – Most of the short bobs may require very little use of styling tools. If you have naturally straight hair, you may have to do no extra work. For some, just some serum, mousse or hairspray will do!
- Healthy hair – Although this may not be a complete fact, but I’ve always found when growing my hair out, it becomes impossible to not have split ends because of all the styling it’s gone through. Even if the frigid ends aren’t noticeable, the shine and health of your hair is.
- Sophisticated look – Not only will your hair be out of your way, but also somehow shows more sophistication compared to longer. Appearance is the first step when nailing an interview or even meeting new people. Short hair can show brains, beauty, sexy and fun all in one without any words.
Change is good. The decision of going shorter was a win-win for me! What about you? Check out my slideshow to see my favorite bobs.