Enjoy these fast and easy meal ideas to use up those turkey leftovers in new creative ways.
Don’t forget to forward and share!
1. Super Simple Soup – ready in 15 minutes! Use 6-8 cups of broth, or water and bouillon cubes. Add leftover turkey, 2 stalk chopped celery, mushrooms and whatever other leftover vegetables that sound good to you.
2. Turkey Chili – or you can add it to read beans and rice to serve with hot, fresh corn bread. Yum yum.
3. Turkey Rice Salad – Turkey, brown rice, pecans, chopped red cabbage, green onions, pecans, Italian salad dressing, chopped celery and so on. Mix it up & put your own spin on this using up what you have in the fridge.
4. Pot pie – inexpensive comfort food without any fuss. Simple sauté up some onion, garlic, celery, add turkey, frozen mixed veggies, and a can of cream of chicken soup. Put in a prepared pie crust – Done!
5. Toasted Sammies – A holiday twist on the old gilled cheese. Slather the insides with a bit of cranberry sauce, layer with turkey and cheese, then get ready for some turkey time bliss!
In this season when we all enjoy feasting with friends, please remember those who are having a hard time. Get together with friends and lend your hands for a meaningful get together to better the lives of others.
Many children look forward to coming to school to get free breakfast and lunch, but what happens to these kids on the weekends?
The Assistance League of Northern Virginia has a program that provides food for children to eat over the weekends and holiday break.
1 in 5 children in public school is eligible for free or reduced price meals. Children look forward to coming to school, not to study and learn, but to eat free breakfast and lunch.
Would you like to help? You can participate in one of their food packing events and help with shopping, packing, delivery or fundraising.
Don’t miss out on this wonderful opportunity to be your divine self and share your plenty of blessings with others! You really do have so much to give.
Please contact Linda Shilts, President of Assistance League, at email@example.com.
For additional information you may contact us at ALNorthernVA@yahoo.com or email our Weekend Food For Kids Coordinators Gail Banks at mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Wilma Bastian at email@example.com
Wishing you the very best this Holiday Season,